This article will also apply to the following inquiries: The app is giving me a notification of a Network Error, or my Mysa thermostat won't connect.
If you are experiencing difficulties connecting your thermostats to the Wi-Fi network, you can follow the steps below to troubleshoot and solve the problem. This troubleshooting process will work as a general method for adding the thermostat to your Wi-Fi network.
If you encountered the "network error" message, this process will help (you may have to try a couple of times as it is smartphone-dependent). Make sure to tap try again first and try a second time before going through the troubleshooting process.
First: Check your router
- Make sure your router is powered on.
- Double check to see if other devices are connected to the Wi-Fi network (such as a laptop, tablet or mobile phone). If not, try disconnecting the router from its power source and reconnect it.
Next: Set your thermostat to pairing mode
- Place the thermostat into pairing mode by pressing both the up and down buttons of your thermostat for 10 seconds.
- Alternatively, you can try power cycling your device by flipping the breaker off/on of the associated heating circuit at the electrical panel.
- Ensure you have downloaded the latest version of the Mysa app to your Android and iOS devices.
- Go to your smartphone's Wi-Fi settings.
- In the settings screen of the Mysa unit's WiFi, forget the specific Mysa's WiFi network. Make sure you select the right WiFi network if you have multiple Mysas (verify the device ID, the 6 character code.)
- Next, forget your home network (or all saved Wi-FI networks available to you at that location.)
- Restart your mobile device.
- Then, factory reset the thermostat (15s press on up and down arrows simultaneously.)
- Go through the pairing process again.
- If all else fails, try deleting the Mysa app from your phone and downloading the app again.
If you're still having trouble with your thermostat, please reach out to our support team.