We offer the Mysa skill to integrate your thermostat with Amazon Alexa’s voice controls. With the Mysa skill, you can tell Alexa to set the temperature, ask the room temperature and more from your Amazon device.
How do I connect Amazon Alexa to your thermostats?
- Set up your thermostat with your Mysa app and name your thermostat.
- Tell Alexa to “Enable Mysa THermostat skill.” Or you can download and use the Alexa app or go to alexa.amazon.com to search for and enable the Mysa Thermostat skill, then add your thermostat to Alexa
- In the Alexa app or alexa.amazon.com go to the menu, and select Skills.
- Find the Mysa Thermostat skill, and then select Enable. Follow the on-screen instructions to link your Mysa account to Alexa. You will be prompted to enter your Mysa username & password to authorize Alexa to access your thermostats.
- Select Add Device so that Alexa can find your camera. You can also say, “Discover my devices.” After Alexa finds your thermostat, it’s listed under Devices in the Smart Home section of the Alexa app.
If the name of your Mysa shares a name with a group in Amazon Alexa, you'll first need to add the thermostat to that group, or else your alexa commands will fail.
Alternatively, you can rename the thermostat to something other than the group name from the device list in the Alexa app
- Optional: Naming your thermostat.
- The thermostat will be set up with the same name used in your Mysa app. If you want to call your thermostat by a different name when using voice commands, you can modify the thermostat name in the Alexa app or alexa.amazon.com by tapping on the thermostat within the Smart Home section of the Alexa app then tapping Edit name. This will not update the thermostat name in the Mysa app.
- If you re-name your thermostat in the Mysa app, you will need to have your Amazon device re-discover your camera in order for the new camera name to be reflected in the Alexa app. To do this, in the Alexa app or alexa.amazon.com go to the menu and select Smart Home. In the Devices tab, tap Add Device. Alexa will discover devices, and won’t find any new devices but the new thermostat name will be reflected when you view your devices.
To disconnect your thermostat from Alexa, open the Alexa app or alexa.amazon.com and go to the menu and select Smart Home. In the devices tab, tap your thermostat then use the options to delete or disable the thermostat.
If you need further help, Amazon has additional instructions here.
What commands can I use?
"Alexa, set the living room to 18 degrees."
"Alexa, what's the temperature in the bedroom?"
"Alexa, increase the kitchen temperature by 3 degrees."
Things to keep in mind
- The Mysa skill works with all thermostats that are connected to your Mysa account.
- If your thermostats are disconnected from WiFI, Alexa won’t be able to access the thermostats. You’ll need to make sure the thermostats are online in the Mysa app on your phone before giving a voice command to Alexa.
- If you rename your thermostats in the Mysa app after you set it up with Alexa, you will need to have Alexa re-discover your thermostats through the Alexa app in order for the new name to work with Alexa. See step 3 of “How to connect Amazon Alexa to your Mysa” above.